Garston & District Historical Society


Go to content

Main menu:


Garston Churches past and present

Garston Photos


Strictly speaking, the district name of Garston applies to the
Township of Garston which is itself a sub division of the ancient south Lancashire Church of England Parish of Childwall. Initially there was just one church in Garston, that of St Michael sited in the centre of Garston Village. It seems this church was once dedicated to St Wilfrid, perhaps reflecting back to an ancient Celtic church foundation.

With Garston's growth in population in the 19th C, more churches were built including the sub-division of Garston Church of England ecclesiastical district with the building of St Anne's Church in Aigburth in 1837:

Click on the slide show opposite to see a selection of Garston churches, existing and demolished:

St Michael , Church Rd, Garston ( Church of England).
BackPlayNext

Home Page | What we do | Garston History | Garston Photos | Meetings | Publications | Contact Us | Search | Genealogy | Twitter | You Tube | Copyright | WW1 Research | Site Map


Sub-Menu:


Copyright: Garston & District Historical Society 2009 to date | gdhs@outlook.com

Back to content | Back to main menu